We’re getting to know our new hymnal! This Saturday, April 14 at 5 pm in our church we’ll be singing new hymns together, led by singer Desirée Goyette and her family. All are welcome to this joyous song fest. Light refreshments will follow.
Would you like to hear an example of a healing in Christian Science?
Every Wednesday evening at 7:30 we hold meetings where members and visitors can share their healing experiences through Christian prayer.
The meetings start with a 20-minute reading from the Bible and from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy. We sing hymns and then the congregation has time to share insights and healings they’ve had through the application of Christian Science.
Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. They last one hour and we provide childcare in our nursery.
Any questions? You can call our Church and Reading Room at 775-829-8117.
We hope you’ll visit one of our services — held every Sunday at 10 am and every Wednesday evening at 7:30 pm — to join us in worshipping God and loving mankind. You can bring your children to Sunday School and visit our Reading Room. All are welcome to our church.
The purpose of the Christian Science church is to practice and support Christian healing, spiritual discovery and unselfed love. Christian Science, as discovered by Mary Baker Eddy, refers to the universal, practical system of spiritual, prayer-based healing, available and accessible to everyone. It is based on Christ Jesus’s teachings and starts with the premise that God is Love.
Our services last for an hour and all are welcome. We have Sunday School for children up to the age of 20 at the same time as our Sunday service (10 am), and child care at all our services.
We are located at the corner of West Peckham and Warren Way. We look forward to your visit! (Our address is 795 West Peckham Lane, Reno, NV 89509)
First Church of Christ, Scientist, Reno, Nevada is one of the world-wide branches of The First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, MA, founded by Mary Baker Eddy in 1879.
If you have any questions about the church services or about Christian Science, please feel free to call our church (775-829-8117) or email us.
- Christian Science.com is a window through which the public can view the impact of Christian Science on people’s lives and better understand the practice of spiritual healing.
- The First Church of Christ, Scientist website includes listings for all Christian Science Branch Churches, Christian Science Practitioners and Nurses.
- My Bible Lesson.com provides a spiritual study resource for teen and young adult readers, drawing inspiration from the Bible and insight from Science and Health.
- TMC Youth is a website for youth and youthful thinkers around the globe united by the healing mission of Christian Science.
The award-winning Christian Science Monitor daily international newspaper.
Christian Science Publications are available through the Christian Science Publishing Society.
Visit the Mary Baker Eddy Library online.
- CSDirectory.com connects people, organizations and ideas throughout the worldwide Christian Science community.
- DiscoveryBound.org provides inspiring recreational, social, educational, and service activities for Christian Scientists and their friends, especially children and young people.
- Locate Christian Science Organizations on college campuses.