Our Christian Science Reading Room is a quiet place for anyone to pray, study in our reference library, borrow literature or learn about Christian Science. We welcome visitors to drop by and browse, ask questions or to stay and read for as long as they would like.
We also invite anyone to join us for listening to services and recordings of services and activities from First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston.
On the first, second and third Wednesdays of each month, we will play the recorded meeting of the Mother Church testimony meeting for that week between 5:30 and 7:00 pm, before our own local branch church service.
On the last Wednesday of each month, we have an hour study of that week’s Christian Science Bible Lesson. This week our study meeting will be on Wed., Jan 29 from 6 to 7 pm in the Reading Room. The Bible lesson this week is on the subject of “Truth.”
Reading Room Hours:
Mondays – 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Wednesdays 12:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Fridays – 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Sundays – 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Weekly Christian Science Monitor / International news magazine
- Christian Science Publishing Society authorized literature
- The Holy Bible and study references
- The weekly Sentinel
- The monthly Journal, with a directory of professional CS services
- The monthly Herald in Spanish and other languages
- Full-text Bible Lessons
- Pamphlets, cards and CDs
- Children’s literature and resources
- Daily Christian Science Monitor
- Subscriptions to JSH Online / CS healing study references
- Weekly Sentinel Podcasts
- State of the art ‘Concord‘ – a reference tool for studying the Bible and literature by Mary Baker Eddy
A Librarian’s Prayer
Let this place be a haven
for all those seeking
spiritual uplift and peace.
Let this place be an oasis
for all those hungering
and thirsting after Truth.
Let my thought be so full of love
for God and all mankind
that it reaches through
glass and wood and screen
To embrace all who pass;
To embrace with love all those
Who feel the need of drawing closer to God,
By Mary S. Henderson